This page contains a list with frequently asked questions and their
- Is there a message board about hitchhiking?
- I am looking for a ride. Can I put a message on your site to explain what I am looking for?
- Can you place a link on hitchhikers.org to my hitchhiking related website?
- Where can I find more info about hitchhiking?
- I am looking for a ride to somewhere and there is nothing on the site. What should I do?
- How can I delete my post?
- How can I edit my post?
- There is no email address or phone number listed for the ride I am interested in. How can I contact the driver?
- I got a reaction on a ride that I posted. How do I reply?
- Do I have to register or pay to use your website?
- After posting a ride, I get a new form. What went wrong?
01. Is there a message board about hitchhiking?
Probably. To find it, you could try to search
something like "hitchhiking messageboard", "hitchhiking forum" or have a look at
DigiHitch, a website with a lot of
information and links related to hitchhiking.
02. I am looking for a ride. Can I put a message on your site
to explain what I am looking for?
No. There are several reasons why we decided no to add this feature:
Bottom line is that we understand that a hitchhiker would like to tell the world
about a requested ride, but we think it would be hard for drivers to react. By the way, we
are working on a feature where users get an email when relevant new rides are
- We are doing this in our spare time. Every extra feature would cost time to
implement and to maintain.
- We want to make this site as simple as possible to use. Every extra feature
would make our site a bit more complex to use.
- For drivers, it is very easy to exactly specify their ride details.
much more 'fuzzy' in their specifications. It would be harder to design a form
where hitchhikers can specify in which period and from which region they want to
- If a driver would look through a list with hitchhikers, and find one which
does not match exactly match his route, it is hard for him/her to decide whether
the hitchhiker would be interested in the ride.
- We want to make this site as easy as possible for drivers, Adding their
rides in a form is much less effort then looking through a database to search
for a hitchhiker that might be interested.
03. Can you place a link on hitchhikers.org to my hitchhiking related
No. We want this site to do only one thing and do it as good as possible:
connecting drivers and hitchhikers. There are many other sites that are good in
collecting hitchhiking related links, like
DigiHitch (oops, now we did mention an
external link...). Or search google for something like "hitchhiking related links".
04. Where can I find more info about hitchhiking?
Have a look at DigiHitch. This website
contains a lot of general information about hitchhiking and links to other sites.
Google thinks these sites are related to ours.
05. I am looking for a ride to somewhere and there is nothing
on the site. What should I do?
If you can not find any ride on our site which is going in your desired direction,
there is nothing else we can do for you. You could try other rideboards. To find
those, you could try to search
something like "ridesharing", "rideboard" or "hitchhiking" or have a look at
06. How can I delete my post?
After adding a ride, we will send you an email confirming your post. This email also
contains a code which can be used to delete your post. You can delete your ride in two ways:
- Use the link in the email.
- Go to our website, select the details page for the ride that you want to delete and
enter the delete code there.
07. How can I edit my post?
This is currently not possible. The way to solve this is to delete the post that
you want to modify and add a new one.
08. There is no email address or phone number listed for the ride I
am interested in. How can I contact the driver?
Go the the details page of the ride that you are interested in.
Enter your name, your email address and the message to the driver on below the heading
'React'. We will send your reaction (including your email address) to the driver.
09. I got a reaction on a ride that I posted. How do I reply?
The email address of the interested person is mentioned in the email. Just send your
reaction to the specified email address..
10. Do I have to register or pay to use your website?
Nope, just start adding rides or react to other rides. Couldn't be easier!
11. After posting a ride, I get a new form. What went wrong?
Nothing, we processed your submission and supplied you with a new form for in case
you want to add another ride (like the return trip).
Please enable us to keep improving our website by giving a small donation.
Thank you for your support!